Before we get started if you've read the ABC's of Freezer Cooking and enjoyed it, would you mind taking a moment and leaving a quick review on Amazon? Positive reviews are invaluable to a new author like me. And if you haven't read it yet, it's just $.99 right now.
I've been doing my meal plan now for the past 2 days, I've specifically been looking for more freezer meals to try, that can be assembled at lightning speed. This month I'm trying out some new recipes I found on Pintrest (Are you following me yet?) so I can't vouch for everything on this list.
What I have In My Freezer Right Now
- TONS of veggies
- 4 Servings of Cheesy Baked Potato/Veggie/Ham Soup
- 6 Servings of Ham
- 1 Serving of Turkey in gravy
- 1 Serving of Chicken
What's On Sale
- Chicken is an excellent price this week
- Pot Roasts are buy one get one free
What My Monthly Meal Plan Will Be
- Ham and Cheese Sandwiches with Bear Creek Soup (4 Times)
- Cheddar Potato Soup with Salad (4 Times)
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken, throw several chicken breasts in a freezer bag, uncooked with BBQ sauce (we lovesweet baby rays) Freeze. When ready to eat thaw overnight in the fridge, then cook on low for 6 hours. (4 Times)
- Crockpot Haiwann Chicken. Throw uncooked chicken, pinnapple, onions, peppers, (I use a frozen pepper and onion blend) and a little juice into a freezer bag. Freeze. When ready to eat thaw overnight in the fridge, then cook on low for 6 hours. Serve over rice. (4 Times)
- Pot Roast, potatos, and Veggies, this will be a meal I don't freeze but stretch to 2 meals during the week. Depending on my family's preference the second meal might be a stew or sandwiches (2 times = 4 Meals)
- Mexican Chicken Taco Filling, recipe below. (4 times)
- Gap Meals: Leftovers, pizza, pasta, tacos, sandwiches, salads, and rotisserie chickens (my favorite convenience meal by the way)
This is a loose meal plan based on what I have, now before someone comments and tells me how "boring" my meal plan is please keep in mind because I do a lot of freezer cooking I have time to make treats throughout the month. Trust me no one is feeling deprived or bored. And if I feel like things are getting a little too repetitive I'll throw in pizza or pasta to mix things up. Oh and because my meal plan might be a little repetative, next month it will be completely different. This is our preference in our home. Do what you wish in your own. PS: I'm a Mom with 3 itty bitties, I'd rather eat the same thing a few times in a month and simplify things in the kitchen than go insane trying to whip up new and innovative recipes every night. :)
Here are the lovely pins, where I got my inspiration this month. There are over 400 different recipes to get your wheels turning.
20 Tried and True Freezer Meals
Mexican Chicken Taco Filling
200 Meals Under 5 Dollars
4 hours, 46 meals, 95 dollars
50 Freezer Meals
40 Ideas For Shredded Chicken
8 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
34 meals in one day for 150 dollars
What's on your menu this month. Let me know in the comments.
(This post contains affiliate links)